Katie Price has told of her horror after accidentally giving her daughter’s puppy Rolo illegal cannabis oil.
After taking the CBD oil, the adorable pooch fell asleep under an electric chair and was suffocated when someone sat on it.
Katie says she feels “duped” because she says that the oil was in a “puppy hamper” when she picked the mutt as a present for her daughter Princess.
Katie said: “This simply can never ever happen again.”
A source close to Peter Andre’s ex told Mirror Online: “As awful as it sounds, this will bring some comfort to Katie in understanding why Rolo crawled into the space.
“She feels let down too by a system that allows CBD oil to be marketed for pets despite it being illegal. Katie had backlash, hate mail, death threats and trolling over Rolo’s tragic passing.
“As a family, they continue to mourn.”
A spokeswoman for Katie added: “Katie was told the oil was for dogs and safe. It was endorsed by the breeder. Katie will join forces with Peta and any other groups that need her to speak out.”
While CBD oil is legal, it illegal to give it to dogs.
British Veterinary Association says there is a “lack of sufficient robust evidence” to prove it is safe for pets to consume.
Insisting they were oblivious to the error, the dog breeders said: “I’ve spoken to vets and we had no idea it was breaking the law.
“There is no THC in so it can’t get drowsy from it.
“One thing we did say to Katie was we only recommended a dot.
“Now I don’t know what has gone on, we don’t know how much she has given it.
It is not know how much of the liquid Katie gave to the puppy.